Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Watermelon Summer Salad

This is one of my favorite things about summer. Watermelon. Oh my, my I love it. Tyler is not a huge fan of the fruit, but I've convinced him otherwise (at least in this salad). Not sure if he eats every thing I make because he genuinely likes it or just feels pressured?
 


Recipe:
1 1/2 C Watermelon chunks
1/2 C crumbled feta cheese
2 C arugulua (I added baby spinach as well)
EVOO
1 C Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
 
Directions:
Bring balsamic vinegar to a simmer and reduce to about 1/4 cup. (About twenty minutes) Let cool.
 
Toss arugula a couple tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper until lightly coated. Transfer to serving dish. Top with watermelon and feta. Drizzle balsamic syrup over the salad and enjoy! Serve immediately.
 
(I did not use all the reduction) Its super tasty. Make while watermelon is still delish!

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS