Thursday, August 21, 2014

Small Spaces Big Changes

Let me start out by saying this. My whole life I have taken space for granted. Yes, simple space. That old coat closet I've always had. I loved you and never knew it. Storage under the bathroom sink? You were lovely. A walk in closet? Why did I leave you?

But no more. Now we are minimalist. I think its a good challenge. Right now, I'd like to commend everyone that has always lived in a space less than 500sq feet and say WAY TO GO! Teach me your ways.

So here's how we have made it work. Who knew there is so much storage behind decorative old doors? I knew those would come in handy one day. And our air conditioning? That's that nice box fan in the window. Dishwasher? Nope.








 Not the highest quality pictures from my iPhone. But who really has time for more nowadays. You get the gist of it.







Okay, I'm  done complaining. Okay one more, you are at the store and need toilet paper. The deal is always on the packs that are for 8 or more. You grab it. THINK AGAIN! You have no where to put it. Those two for one packs of toothpaste? Put it back, unless you want to hide it under your bed and forget about it when you need it.

Alright, the end. No more. I'm making it work. And I get to live with Tyler which is the biggest blessing because he continually makes life fun.

Speaking of fun, Portland is SO FUN. It's worth it! It seriously is the most exciting place maybe I have ever been to, definitely lived in. Oh my goodness we are so busy nowadays we are hardly ever home because we literally can walk to the whole city and I LOVE IT. Those pictures will be soon to come.

Thanks for all the calls and prayers during our move. We miss everyone and are so thankful for this time of life!

In the mean time, some fun facts I've noticed about Portland, Oregon:
-Plastic bags are not permitted in the city. Paper bags only. Groceries, Target, everywhere..
-You can not pump your own gas. Do NOT try!
-Food trucks are on every street and it is AWESOME.
-Literally any thing fashion wise goes....

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS