Sunday, September 8, 2013

Friends weekend

Our friends Hannah and Nate came to visit for a night this weekend and we so enjoyed it! We had so much fun hiking. If you know anything about Hannah and I, you know we really don't hike. Ever. But I am starting to embrace it and she was actually a champ at it. Black Balsam Knob was stunning.




After our hike, we headed back home and watched the UT game (insert: Go Vols!) and got ready for dinner. We headed downtown and tried some crazy beers at Wicked Weed Brewery before dinner.

Downtown Asheville is a little bit crazy anyways. If you don't know what I mean, I won't explain, you should just see for yourself. But that doesn't mean I am saying anything bad about the food! There are some really delicious restaurants and we tried one last night. Seven Sows Bourbon & Larder. Y'all. TRY this place. I think it was a unanimous vote that hushpuppies with hot pimento cheese dip was one of the best appetizers ever invented.

It was a good night.

We ended with homeade ice cream sandwiches from a girl that sells them on the side of the street! It's amazing what you can find from street vendors. And I love it!

mmmm Smore's for me!
This morning we ended our little  visit with a trip to Early Girl Eatery and good conversation! It made us realize how much we love being close to our friends again. I even got two surprise visits from my brother coming back from Eastern Carolina, and my bff Log coming back from her home to be in Raleigh. All in all, a great weekend, not a better way to end it than on the couch watching some football!

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS