Monday, April 22, 2013

Exploring Wisconsin

I won't lie. We have been doing some fun stuff. Even the littlest hint of Spring makes us want to explore Wisconsin. This time it led us to Madison. I have to say Madison is the cutest, coolest, funnest college town I ever did see. You are doing something right University of Wisconsin!



The farmer's market opened at the Capitol this weekend. I can't tell you how many cheese stands there were but I loved every single one with free samples.

We had lunch at The Old Fashioned. It may have given me an awful stomachache but it was worth every greasy bite it was so good. I loved it because it really takes every delicious food item Wisconsin is known for and uses it in their menu! Their cheese curds were featured on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on the Food Network. I would agree with the title of the show. Then their burgers...oh my. Too good. (Hence the tummy ache later) Then of course, an Old Fashioned with brandy was too good.

We went to the Badgers Red and White game. Let me tell y'all...they don't have nothin on Tennessee. But we couldn't be at the Orange and White game this Saturday...and since they don't play each other...this was our second best option!

UT had about 60,000 fans in attendance...poor Badgers only had around 10,000. Come on Wisconsinites, support your team!

We had so much fun exploring their campus though. Their Student Union is right on the lake...with a beer hall in their study area! Is that illegal? The North is crazy but I love it.

We also made it to a Brewers game this weekend with my cousins Mary Nell and John! SO much fun. John is mister fancypants and had tickets right behind home plate AND in the club boxes. Thank you!!




Brewers swept the Cubs yay! I sure am going to miss all these sporting events Wisconsin offers. Since we will be moving this summer...our weekends are limited! We are trying to squeeze in as much as possible!

But the important stuff...tonight is my last night as a 22 year old. Ahh 22. The year I got married. The year I graduated college. The year I moved far, far away. The year I got my first job. And yes, the year I could listen to Taylor Swift's song "22" and really, genuinely sing the lyrics with a purpose. You've been good to me 22!

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS