Sunday, October 14, 2012

Apple Crisp

The farmer's market had delicious apples a couple of Saturdays ago, so we bought a whole barrel. Tyler has claimed his favorite dessert is apple crisp/apple pie. Even though I have never even made it! So I knew what I had to do with all of these apples!

Apple Crisp

(serves 4)
3 thinly sliced sour apples (I used some similar to granny smith, but a little sweeter) 
1  C brown sugar
1/4 C flour
1/2 C quick oats
1/2 C butter, room temp
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon

Place apples in a greased dish. Mix the rest of ingredients together with a spatula. Place in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

Serve warm and with a scoop of ice cream!


or two...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing you guys surrounded by all of those beautiful skyscrapers. It brought back memories of this summer when Landon and I visited. Glad to see that Aunt Kim is still taking care of you 700 miles away. Also glad you and Tyler had a chance for a weekend getaway. See you both in a few days. Love you guys, Mom

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS