Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Nana's Chocolate Puddin' Pie

This little recipe has been a gem in our family for quite sometime. My Nana has made this for every holiday/ get together/ and just a random Sunday dinner long before I was even born probably.

Our sweet Wisconsite-Minnesotian (still not sure their state native names...ex. Tennesseeans?) neighbors had us over for dinner, so I promised to bring dessert! (Which is my favorite thing to make anyways...or eat).

This was right after it was made so it has not hardened in the least. Licking the bowl right now is heavenly.

 Nana's Chocolate Puddin' Pie 

1 C sugar
 3 Tbs Cocoa
3 Tbs self-rising flour
2 C milk, divided
2 egg yolk
1 pie crust
1/4 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla

Whisk together first three ingredients in sauce pan. (Not hot yet) In separate bowl, mix egg yolks and 1 cup of milk. Then pour into sugar mixture with the other cup of milk. Turn stove top on med high heat and continue stirring until it slowly bubbles forming pudding. *Don't let it burn! I stir almost the whole time. About 7 minutes or longer. Pour into your pie crust and voila! My Nana tops it with meringue but I just like it as is! Cool whip could be used as well. Let sit for about an hour before serving.
Thanks for my cute little pie server Hannah! :)

Best part of the dessert...the bowl lickin'


No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS