Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Taco Tuesdays

I have found myself cooking a Mexican dish at least once a week. I can't say its always on a Tuesday...but the heading sounded good. This week it was an extra easy meal and cooked in the crock pot! It was super tasty, as well.

Crockpot Chicken Tacos
Recipe:
Prep: 10 Mins
Cook: 4 to 5 hours
*Makes about 12 tacos

Ingredients:
  • 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (or tenderloins)
  • 3 Tbs fresh lime juice
  • 1 Tbs chili powder
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 1 cup chunky salsa
  • 12 flour tortillas, warmed
  • Toppings: anything you want! I chose sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese (Wisconsin of course)  and shredded lettuce.

 Directions:
 




  • Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.(I chose chicken tenderloins so it did not take as long, about 3 and a half hours)
  • Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat return to the slow cooker; heat through. Stir in corn and salsa.
  • Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve in tortillas with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired.
  • And voila!  
    I also served it with a chunky avocado salsa. This is just cause I was feeling a little crazy and I have never cooked with avocados before! I will warn that avocados got messy for me. But the Salsa was delish. I found it on this girls blog...Chef In Training and I definitely will be using her again!


    sad 330

    No comments:

     
    BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS