Thursday, July 26, 2012

First recipe

I finally compiled my kitchen together after days of unpacking and reopening our shower/wedding gifts. So what better way to complete it other than cooking? I have gathered so many recipes the past year from family, friends, showers, magazines, and the internet that I could feed an army if I made each one in my recipe box.

Tonight I decided on Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti.




12 oz spaghetti
1 (28 ounce) jars prepared spaghetti sauce ( I used Prego with Mushrooms and Green Peppers)
1 lb lean ground beef
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 clove garlic, minced
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

Cook the ground beef. Drain. Mix with spaghetti sauce and put aside. Cook your noodles and drain. Pour noodles into a separate bowl and add cream cheese, italian seasoning, and garlic. Grate Parmesan cheese.
Pour a little meat sauce on the bottom on a greased 9x13 dish. Pour noodle mixture and spread. Pour remaining meat sauce and then top with parmesan cheese.
i'm not a photographer

Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees and voila! I topped mine with a little more cheese and basil.

Thank you logan for the vintage pyrex little dish! I love them!

I think I was more excited to use all my new dishes and kitchen supplies than I was to eat a meal.

However, it made me miss everyone at home :(

That said...it was only me eating. Fortunately, Tyler gets back from Pittsburgh tomorrow night and can finish the 7 servings of left overs! I cannot wait to live in our new home together...finally furnished and unpacked! Pictures soon to come.

In other news...THE OLYMPICS START TOMORROW! I may develop a temporary crush on Michael Phelps...or Lochte...either one. Go 'merica!

3 comments:

jhoaglin said...

i'm loving being able to keep up with you by reading your blog! keep it up. you are missed! Love you.

kacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kacey said...

Thanks Jessie! Love and miss you as well :)

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS